Monday, July 9, 2012

Just Missed Monday

Dear Readers:

Hello!

I know it is Tuesday.  I can tell you first off that it was my intention to post a blog on Monday.  I had time all weekend to think about the subject matter of my blog and I believe it is a good one.  You might be wondering why I am blogging after midnight (sorry, Monday...). I bet you are dying to know why.

Here is the running list of Why My Monday Blog is being Written on Tuesday:

1. I woke up this morning after a fitful sleep and could not find my laptop.
2. Since I wasted time looking for my laptop, I was rushing and dressed like a pauper with an attitude. (A poor attitude)
3. Once I got to work, I was informed that a teacher flew the coop.
4. My class was completely thrown off by the antics of the runaway teacher.
5. #3 & #4 caused complete chaos.
6. One of my favorite kids lost the title of Best Boy Note Taker and burst into tears, causing me to create a new title, Best Boy Reader. (only after he read me Silly Sally)
7. A new student decided to decorate her book cover with easter egg grass.  Don't ask me where she found that shit.
8. I convinced the Best Boy Reader to walk carefully to lunch as he was my personal walker and should I fall, I would most certainly turn to dust.
9. I was offered (ie informed) that I would be absorbing the runaway teacher's students.
10. I arrived to grad class and realized that I actually was unable to read a week's worth of assignments in fifteen minutes.
11. I lost five hours of my life sitting in a grad class.
12. I arrived home to the suspects: a messy home and a lazy band of teenage pirates.
13. I cooked a gourmet meal for said pirates and devoured a chik'n patty off a fork (yes while standing).
14. I nearly drowned from exhaustion in the shower.
15. I cleared my bed (from Operation Throw Everything and Find that GODDAMN Laptop) and set up my lesson planning space.  Did I mention I am teaching math and english now?
16. I sat for a moment contemplating my life. (approximately 9min)
17. At 10:30, I crawled into bed with a virgin margarita and started lesson planning for not just my 3rd & 4th graders, but the another teacher's 1st & 2nd graders.
18. Paid $20 for a subscription to a education site.  Apparentely it is what ALL the teachers do.  Funny, how no one thought to share their password.
19. At midnight I was done, or at least felt down with all the writing, swearing and tooth sucking that had transpired.
20. Decided that I would blog, AS it was the only thing that I really looked forward to for Monday, now Tuesday.

Dear Readers, that list is as detailed as I can recall.  Note the as I can recall disclaimer...there was way more.  Whatever, right?

Another disclaimer: There is no way in hell I am proofreading this blog.  Please take it as is...especially since I have to be up and raring to go in about 6hrs.

Well my blog was about fairness, equality, yada yada.

Unfortunately, my eyes are burning and my heart is kind of oh I don't know, disappointed.  Glory to Being Lola! (Morgan Freeman voice) As if that is a surprise.  I thought I would get a phone call/text and that didn't come.  Apparently silence is the approved method of communication for people who are too reflective to actually say a word.

As a blogger, I understand the reflection, but silence is kind of on the spectrum of dumb.  Well maybe not dumb...but since I have not heard otherwise, I deduct as much.

All I know is when a conversation is broached, all parties should be involved in the give and take.  Perhaps the conversation has been had with another party and I just missed my invite as I spent another Monday saving the free world.

So I don't really have anything pressing to add to the subject matter of fairness and equality.  I mean I can say that it never feels good to be the last to know.

When something involves me, I deserve the same as all others.  Perhaps the something simply does not involve me.  Maybe I missed something. 

You saw my list.  It won't be the first time that I miss something.  Folk stay telling me that I am missing the point.  I don't really know what point because the minute I think I have the point, the point goes dull and there is another point that lo and behold, I missed.

Perhaps my path is too hectic for all this extra.  

Last thought, I am rather furious that it is 12:34am and I still have not heard a peep from this phone.  Dear Readers, I leave with the age old thought:

You never know what you had until it is gone.

I'm gone for now, but I will communicate with you all soon.  I won't just leave you hanging and speculating and eye rolling and tooth sucking and whatnots...

That was a huge run-on sentence. (Damn the devil and cue the waah wah waaaaah)

I am a teacher and I approve this blog.


A simple start,

Lola

No comments:

Post a Comment