Friday, November 16, 2012

Special Request Blog

Dear Readers:

We must take a short move from our regularly scheduled blog.  Now is the point when you tell me that we have not had a schedule in ages.

Yes, I know.  I have to tell you something about this blog, but I don't really know where to start.  I asked a Dear Friend if she preferred the story or the punchline.  Here is what I do know, this blog has a deadline, it has a deadline of COBT (close of business today) and that would be about 5pm.  That being said, let's join our heroine in her quest for oneness...or two-ness or nese.

It was a dark and stormy night...it was actually, during Hurricane Sandy (can I mention that that was a corny name for a hurricane). It was Halloween and I think that it was either dark and stormy or at the very least dark.  I was perusing faces and profiles (sometimes in that order) on a dating website.

I did say COBT, right?

Fast Forward: She and I had a great exchange and she mentioned that I seemed familiar.  After some discussion, she connected me to that archaic Facebook of Past, MySpace.

Yes. MySpace.  She also has an aol email, more on that later, or not.

We decided to meet up, especially since we were practically old friends (though I STILL don't remember her).

Date after date we moved on....

COBT!!!

We went away for a great weekend and had many, many conversations.  During one conversation, I kind of, sort of, alright flat out excluded a little tidbit of fact...simply because it was just a tidbit.

Come to the end of the weekend and we are feeling great and the Little Tidbit Of Fact decided to be THIS LOUD AND IN YOUR FACE, wait...I moved ahead....

She asked if she could post a group pic that included me on her Facebook.  I said yes, because what else is Facebook for, if you can't share good times.

Oh wait....Little Tidbit Of Fact can crawl off the www, because YES....THE LOUD AND IN YOUR FACE just so happened to be a friend on her FB who, yes, saw my pic and

wait for it
wait for it
wait for it

Sent a damned "How do you know Lola" inbox.

That's what I said.

So of course I get a "Do you know (insert generic hispanicky name here)?

I wanted to NOT KNOW HER, but what to do, what to do?

What I was not going to do was ruin a perfectly good start with a blip.  So I talked and apologized.

And talked.
And talked.
And talked.
And talked.

Dear Readers, you get the idea.

She decided to allow me to repent, as long as I met a list of demands.  One of the demands was this blog.  Another was a molten chocolate cake way too close to vanilla ice cream (24pts!!).

The list of demands totaled seven demands.  I am ticking them off.

Here is the part when I briefly take a moment of silence to reflect on my sin, the sin of lying...while my mouth (no homo) recalls the audacity of that molten chocolate cake way too close to vanilla ice cream (24pts!!).

I appreciate the chance to redeem myself.

Dear Readers, please welcome (insert not so typical hispanicky name here).  I hope you stay.


A Simple Start,


Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment