Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Facebook Paused

Dear Readers:

How are you? First and foremost, I would like to welcome my newest follower.  She is someone from my Facebook who has opted to follow me here. Why? Why would she do such a thing?? Well...in the next twelve hours or so, I will deactivate my Facebook.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Seriously.  I just have so much going on right now.  I have deactivated before and when I decided to go back, every single thing was right where I left it.  It was like a monument to my internet life.  The same friends, the same everything.  So it is what it is.

I need an emotional reboot and Facebook is preventing me from doing that.  It turns out that I am painfully honest (ie transparent) on Facebook.  My mood is immediately evident by first morning status post.  I don't particularly mind folks knowing what is going on in my head. Pause. No Homo. Pause. However, there is such a great chance that there are some people just awaiting some shit to go down.  While I don't want to disappoint them, my Facebook (ab)use is preventing me from realistically dealing with my own shit.

I was very considerate as I informed everyone that I was heading out.  I left this address for anyone who was still interested.  I imagine that gross enemies in the mine would not waste precious time reading all of this, so maybe they won't follow.  The crazy thing is, even folk who are not plotting against my very inch of sanity, might be inadvertently wishing me harm.  I can't exactly explain why, but one needn't be allergic to bee stings in order to feel the pain.

I sound like Methaphor Man...that is the name my son gave to his school therapist.  For every situation Methaphor Man is ready and armed to spew some wonderfulness that has so little to do with the actual situation.

Anyway....here I am.  I still need to write and it is nice of you to read.  I only have one Dear Reader who is quite frequent with her comments.  I have other ones, the shy ones, who rather shoot me a text or email.  All are welcome. 

Now I have a teenage boy in front of me who is demanding to know why:
I deactivated Facebook
I am blogging
He can't read over my shoulder
He can't stay in the living room with me and not say anything
I am blogging

So now he is going to sit here and chew at his nail beds knowing that that drives me nuts.  He wants to read this blog after, so I will let him.  Afterall, this blog is public.  So are you happy?? Is this what you wanted to see?  The Secret Life of Mom....sheesh.

Sorry for that brief interuption brought to you by the makers of WTF Was I Thinking.

My Facebook is still up so that people can be informed and so that they can jot down this address if they need it.  Aha...another question totally irrelevant to anything in life right now from the nail bed chewing teen on the other couch.

I don't know how long this break will last.  I mean, honestly, I do appreciate that I can get a snapshot of everyone's day from Facebook.  Where else can you know what 438 (I think) friends are doing at one moment in time?  No where.

It is the greatest creation since Big Brother...don't think that they are not watching.  It is my thought that one day I publish all of these blogs, but I obviously can't make a profit because why buy the cow when you can stroke her, milk her, drink said milk and take a picture because it lasts longer for free?

I will keep for the time being, my Instagram, Twitter and Foursquare.

Instagram is endless entertainment as I love looking, commenting and posting pics.  Twitter is kind of a waste of time, but whatever.  Foursquare is only really fun if I can maintain mayorships.  I also use Foursquare to check in for that one person who loves to know where I am at every.given.moment.

And enter Gypsy, the Ninja Cat.  Just like my kids, she can't deal with me doing anything that does that concern her.  So now, she will commence to bathe.  As the washdown becomes more furious, her little red bell will ring, ring, RING.  That is ok.  The real distraction will be when she decides to walk across my lap.

Oh...another comment from the nail bed biting teen on the other couch.  Remember the quiet one? Now he wants to chuckle and make a joke about the bathing beauty to my left.  Am I surprised? Not hardly.  It is all good.  Not like I am doing anything of importance.

It is 5:11pm.  My next order of business is to steam (first came out as steal) some veggies for dinner.  There is a cornish hen left over from yesterday.  Will my family explode in thunderous applause at the prospect of leftovers coupled with steamed veggies? Probably not.

It is all good.  I am supposed to feed them, not dazzle them.

After I do that, it is on to my little white pill and a nightcap.  I will probably (definitely) fall asleep after that.  I will sleep until about 10pm.  From 10-1am, I will not check my Facebook.  Damn...that is what I usually do.  Nope, I will maybe read, maybe catch up on Netflix.

Such is my life. I am up relatively early, so at this hour...chores (the ones I feel like doing) are complete and I've already had a heavy lunch of beans, spinach and fake chicken.

I don't really need much else.  I may have company, I may not.  Whatever, yo.

I thank you for being here, whether old or new.  Tomorrow is a bright, shiny new day and I am already looking forward to it. 

A simple start,

Christine

If you see poorly spelled words, forgive me.  Everytime I spellcheck, my pc freezes.

No comments:

Post a Comment